Volunteers are the key to our success and the wonderful work we create together.
Here at Friends of St. James’ Park and Parklife Café we always welcome volunteers. Volunteering can give you the opportunity to try something new, gain experience & develop skills, improve your career prospects, build confidence and meet new people.
We’re interested in hearing from you if you’d like to get involved in supporting us. You can speak to Hilde, our Community Volunteer Coordinator to find out more: email@example.com.
Current Volunteering opportunities:
- Helping at our regular Community Club sessions
- Joining our friendly Gardening team in helping care for our Park
- Supporting the Shirley Local History Group with their research
- Giving a few hours of your time each week in the Café
- Assisting with events held in St. James’ Park *
- Becoming a member of our Management Committee or a Trustee*
* Events volunteering: We are always looking for volunteers for our fun events at the park. We have created a “Volunteer sign up ” form, where you can let us know you if are interested and we will contact you in due course. Here is the link to the form if you want to copy and paste it: https://forms.gle/FveCqpFWUJvHsXQJ8.
* If you are interested in joining our management team, please contact Hilde Gronsberg, Community Volunteer Coordinator on 07888 193 148 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that as FoSJP is a Registered Charity, we have a selection process for trustee candidates which includes references and background checks.
If you’re unable to volunteer with us currently then you can support us in other ways such as helping to raise funds for Friends of St. James’ Park and the Parklife Café. We are also keen to get involved with experienced fundraisers who can help us to raise funds to enable us to retain our small number of staff and to ensure our support groups can continue.