[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Organised a series of public events in the Park:
- A “Reminiscence Day” event to encourage people to share their memories of the Park and its surroundings (May 2006).
- Wildflower and bulb planting events to improve flora within the Park (October 2006, May & October 2008, November 2012).
- A clean-up morning to prepare the Park for winter (November 2006).
- An “Art in the Park” event to encourage creativity (March 2007).
- A “Park100” event to celebrate 100 years since the Park was purchased for public use (July 2007).
- BBC Breathing Places-related events to inform and enthuse people about local wildlife (March & October 2008).
- Family fun and sports events, including a celebration of FoSJP’s first birthday (May 2007, July 2008, May 2009, April 2010, October 2011, April 2012, August 2012).
- Participation in the nationwide “Big Lunch” event to bring people in the local community together (July 2009).
- An environmental awareness event organised by younger FoSJP members (October 2009).
- Easter celebration events (April 2010, April 2012, April 2014).
- A “Start in the Park!” event to mark the start of restoration and improvement works in the Park (July 2010).
- A “Play in the Park!” event to celebrate the re‑opening of the Park after completion of the restoration and improvement works (July 2011).
- A tour of the Park as part of the Southampton Over 50’s Festival (August 2011).
- Hosting the Salisbury Big Band as part of the Southampton Over 50’s Festival (August 2011).
- Free Bicycle Checks & Repairs (April & September 2012).
- “The BIG Event” (July 2012) to celebrate the first anniversary of the re‑opening of St.James’ Park.
- A celebration of Diwali Week – Festival of Lights (November 2012).
- A Craft Workshop (February 2013).
- A “Plant Party in the Park” event to celebrate the coming of summer to the Park (June 2013), including an expert‑led Wildflower Walk & Talk.
- A two‑day Community Games event, inspired by the London 2012 Olympic Games, to bring the local community together to take part in sporting and cultural activities at St.James’ Park.