Café Consultation Meeting – Thursday 15th September 2016
The ParkLife Community Interest Company, which runs the Café and Community Room in St.James’ Parkon behalf of FoSJP, organised a public consultation meeting regarding the future of the ParkLife Café, which had found itself in financial difficulties.
An amazing turnout of over 60 people came along to support us – people were queuing out of the door to get a listen in! Everyone responded unanimously in favour to support the Café in any way they could, with suggestions such as:
- Setting up funding pages for the Community to be able to support the Café financially
- Creating a more selective menu
- Working with knowledgeable local tradesmen to improve service
- Working with Southampton City Council to improve the Play Area
- Improving social media
- Setting up more events on site
The best things to come out of this meeting were finding out how much the local community cares about the Park and how much it matters to everyone that it continues to thrive and is there for them in the future.ParkLife and FoSJP would like to say a massive “Thank You” for all the support that people have given them, and look forward to working with everyone in the future.