- Carried out a structural survey of the toilet block.
- Installed secure access and basic amenities in the ARP block, and cleaned and decorated parts of it.
- Opened and operated the FoSJP Kiosk for business (August 2006 to September 2010).
- Extended opening times for the public toilet.
- Organised Litter Picking mornings to keep the Park clean and tidy.
- Installed birdboxes and batboxes and established a Local Floral Nature Reserve to encourage wildlife within the Park (2009).
- Funded and installed educational signage with information about wildlife in the Park (July 2009).
- Working closely with Southampton City Council, gained a Heritage Lottery Fund grant to fund restoration and improvement works to provide a café, community room, new entrances, botanical and scenic walks, new landscaping, and new play facilities for children and adults (July 2010 to July 2011).
- Through the FoSJP Gardening Team, have worked with Southampton City Council since January 2012 to maintain and further improve the planting within St.James’ Park.
Improvements to St.James’ Park