- Won a grant from BBC Breathing Places to put towards encouraging native flora and fauna in the Park (2007).
- Submitted a pre-application to the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF), and used the HLF-provided funds provided to employ Parklife to put together a bid for full HLF funding (May 2008).
- Won backing from the Parks for People scheme backed by the Heritage Lottery Fund, with an initial award of £64,500 to further develop plans for an improvement scheme totalling £1.5 million (October 2008).
- Won a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund of £1.1 million, plus a ring-fenced £400,000 fromSouthampton City Council, making a total of £1.5 million to make significant improvements to the Park and its facilities (October 2009).
- Won a grant of £1000 from Sport Relief to buy sporting equipment for borrowing from the ParkLife Community Café after completion of the restoration and improvement works in the Park (May 2010).
- Container port operator DP World Southampton very kindly donated £20,000 to help fit out a commercial catering kitchen for the ParkLife Community Café (July 2010); this was augmented by £2500 from the Development Trusts Association (now part of Locality).
- Won a grant of £39,000 over 3 years from Lankelly Chase to pay for a 3‑year project to help local residents participate in a variety of activities in the Park.
- Was awarded £1000 of Sport Relief funding from the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation to start up a youth group for local young people with autism (May 2014), and was awarded further Comic Relief funding, also through the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation, to allow the group to continue operation for another year (December 2014).